Saturday 18 July 2009

living like Alice.....


" WHO ARE YOU," SAID THE CATERPILLAR ...... ALICE REPLIED RATHER SHYLY, "I - I HARDLY KNOW, SIR, JUST AT PRESENT - AT LEAST I KNOW WHO I WAS WHEN I GOT UP THIS MORNING BUT I THINK THAT I MUST HAVE BEEN CHANGED SEVERAL TIMES SINCE THEN." ( Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.)
I seemed to have spent a lot of time either desperately trying to transform myself or desperately trying to keep things the way they are. But the more i accept that moment by moment change is happening, time is passing; sensations, thoughts and emotions come and go, the more relaxed i become.
When there are challenges in life we can feel vulnerable, overexposed to the stresses and the strains. who knows what the day has to bring. we may have plans, expectations, a schedule to keep, a role to play- but stay flexible and responsive.
i often get exhausted by my daily peaks and troffs, and have battled a lot to try and have a more even day. i then took a moment today to think of the weather. There it is in front of me, the process of nature- rain, sun and wind all in the same day.
our bodies work by the rules of nature, constantly adapting to our environment, to the energy of our actions, thoughts, feelings. Reacting to the stimuli of our surroundings, from the food we eat to the company we keep. let it happen, go with the flow, don't feel ashamed or guilty for those unexpected moments, when there is a surge of emotion or impulsive reaction. we are constantly evolving and if we allow ourselves we can continue to grow from our experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment